Be a Volunteer
Find out how to become a volunteer. There are many
rewarding ways to get involved.
Be a Volunteer
CNH is honoured by the number of neighbours and other volunteers who have dedicated countless hours to making our community a better place. All volunteers are important to us. Whether you are a single mother who volunteers to teach a craft to the children in our daycare or a banker offering your time to be part of our tutoring program, your contribution is precious to us. Volunteering is one of the most gratifying and mutually beneficial experiences that our neighbours participate in. We are proud to be an organization that exemplifies the ‘old school’ notion of being a compassionate and involved neighbour.
We are grateful to the more than 200 volunteers who contribute some 20,000 hours of time annually. Volunteers…
- Run errands and escort seniors to medical appointments
- Lead community game nights and special events
- Help children and youth with their homework
- Mentor, challenge and inspire our young adults
- Support stroke survivors in our adult day program
- Receive community hours and coveted student placement spots
- Advance their career goals, academic field of study or social interests
- Develop new skills such as program planning, research and group facilitation
- Expand their world by building relationships with incredible individuals from diverse experiences
For more information on volunteering, please call Chris Stouffer, Volunteer Coordinator (Home Support) at 416-966-8595 ext. 207 or Chantel Guthrie, Volunteer & Special Event Coordinator at 416-925-4363 ext. 117.
Send a Kid to Camp
News & Events
July 4th, 2016
Registration is now open
June 12th, 2016
Click here for more information.
June 4th, 2016
Register today for the 2016 Bright Ideas Symposium
May 19th, 2016
Check here for current opportunities.
May 16th, 2016
Check here for availability.
January 21st, 2016
Friends of The Neighbourhood Group